I’m still here. Now, I’m not talking about the mockumentary starring the raggedly-bearded stoned rapper Joaquin Phoenix. I’m talking about me, and the terribly negligent fact that I haven’t written a blog on documentperfection.com for almost two years! But rest assured: I’m still here. And by here, I mean in this very chair, at this very desk, where every day is another opportunity to make your documents perfect.
Why haven’t I written anything on the website for over 20 months? It’s pretty simple: I’m busier than a dehydrated mosquito at a nudist colony. Every single day, I write website pages, edit & proofread academic work for students, SEO-up a storm for small businesses, publish press releases, write blogs, dream up slogans and posh product descriptions, and SO. MUCH. MORE (mind the dramatic and oh-so-incorrect punctuation, because I’m not being paid for this one).
But do you know what? I love what I do.
The 5 best things about my job
- I get to read. A lot. Some people love to read for fun. Others have to read for work. I’m lucky enough to fit into both categories.
- My laptop. How many people can say “ugh, I need to work” IMMEDIATELY after ordering a chai latte and caramel slice in a trendy cafe?
- My… er…. bottom. I love to write, and I love to proofread/edit just as much. But I also love running … almost as much as I love cycling. So I don’t particularly mind parking my tired ar** in my comfortable chair for every other minute of the day.
- My boss (me) Now, there’s nothing terribly wrong with human beings. But go on: admit it. You’re jealous that my day is more like I Am Legend (minus the zombies) than I’m Still Here, aren’t you?
- My mind Although confined by the complex conventions of the glorious English language, not to mention some pretty strict and specific briefs, I’m truly lucky that I get to exercise my creativity, freedom and imagination every day of my life. As I get older, I find myself more knowledgeable, more inquisitive, and (dare I say it?) more switched on than my non-writer counterparts. There. I said it.
But I’m not going to lie. What I’ve listed above are 5 pretty good things about being a copywriter and editor/proofreader. But none of them can compete with the absolute, standout, no-doubt-about-it best thing about my work. What’s that? It’s those most addictive of words from the mouth of a client: “Thank you so much. That’s perfect.”
My name is Andrew Maitland, and I’ve been freelancing in the media, writing and entrepreneurial game for almost 20 years now. I can help with your:
- Academic/business/personal proofreading
- Professional editing
- and much more.
Want to know more? Check out my website links for proofreading/editing and copywriting, drop me a line at email@example.com, or give me a call or text on 0439 475 116. Until I hear from you, I’ll be riiiiiight here…